1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn Midyears...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by djman1010, Jan 24, 2013.

1. djman1010

djman1010 New Member

So, I'm a freshman in high school and I had my very first midyear tests earlier today! Only four more to go for this year! Any of you guys have good test-taking tips?

2. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

Not really, i never learned for those tests. i made them and passed them :D (of course having the answer book helped)

- Study
    - Remove distractions when studying
    - Go to bed early before the day you make them.

3. Domino

Domino CGO

Pretty much the same as Dante. Study daily, get plenty of rest. The brain typically only remembers the first thing you study, and the last thing you study, if you do a cram session, so I do not recommend those at all.

4. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

My recommendation would be to create a study routine. Have a few nights set aside that will allow you to study a couple of subjects a night. During those sessions, have flash cards made up that will help you study keywords and stuff. Also, make the flash cards yourself because building the flash cards will help you remember what you're studying a lot easier too.

5. djman1010

djman1010 New Member

Midyears are oveeeeeer. I believe that I did very well, but you never know until you get the grade back. Thanks for the tips guys :)

6. Domino

Domino CGO

No problem! I hope you did well ^_^. School is very important, but it's even better when you make really good grades.

7. djman1010

djman1010 New Member

Got the grades I expected.... Overall I did well though. Math sucks! :p

8. Domino

Domino CGO

Yep, Math can be a pain in the neck a lot of times, lol. Unfortunately, it is extremely integrated into society....therefore, we need it.

9. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

Math. what math. :D im a damn programmer and i let my programs do the math for me. had a 2 for math back at highschool cause it was so damn boring.

10. djman1010

djman1010 New Member

Haha I'm delving into the art of graphing calculator programming. I feel lazy when it does this stuff for me D:

11. Domino

Domino CGO

Lol, I was in some sort of math club in high school because I got all A's in every class...except for my last one. I struggled with statistics....because I didn't care...:)