1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demon Hunter

Discussion in 'Discussion Tavern' started by Valkyrie, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

You all know what this is for. If you have any discussions or questions for this rp place them here. Sorry Dom I have questions so I put this up right away.

2. Valkyrie

Sorry for double posting like this but it did not feel appropriate to actually ask all my questions in the notice for discussion starter post. Anyways I like the storyline other than we never did see the end of that rp so perhaps a rough brief history on how events had unrolled leading to the worlds current state would be awesome. I found a bunch of it in your character Bio but to anyone who may be new to it may not have found that info its something that should have a place in your initial opening for sign up. Second I get the whole no race as everyone should be human. I am assuming from the use of demon energy and powers that demon blood courses through their viens or some such. If that is the case does it work the same in the case of the heavenly hosts? Or is it a manipulation of demon energy from the demons themselves sorta like absorbing from them? So yeah otherwise I am looking forward to this.

3. Domino

Domino CGO

I will edit the sign up post according to your suggestions stated. As for the ending of DF, there WAS an ending to the first DF. DF is in installments, and Demon Hunter will be after the first installment. I will let Steel explain the ending of the first one in detail, but it basically was the contract between Heaven and Hell was broken, allowing for angels and demons to wander the earth. Lots of characters died, and some even split from the group, but other than that, you're pretty much up to speed. All Hell has broken loose over the world. And with a lot of it being in the character bio, I figured that the active members on here would be the ones signing up for it, and would therefore know to read through the bio, but I can change it, no problem.

As for your question about demon power, no, no one has demon blood, or angel blood for that matter, within them. These are people who, through a series of unfortunate events, have decided to devote their lives to killing demons. Because of their strong will, they are able to harness demonic energy (through special equipment that will be given out at the beginning of the rp) to use against the demons. However, if they are not careful, it CAN potentially consume them, again, I intended on putting this in the very first part of the rp, but there ya go. So, yes, everyone is full-blooded human. The only way they have special "powers" of any kind is if they use the demon power.

I hope this cleared everything up. I'll make changes to the character creation thread when I get off work. I'm on lunch break now, =P. I'm very happy that you're excited about this one.

4. Valkyrie

Sweet thanks for the heads up Dom and sorry if I rushed you on anything. I look forward to whatever Steel has to say about the first demon then. As well with this insight it helps me decide what exactly it is that I am gonna do for a character now.

5. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Defon Flash: Heart of a Champion

Essentially, Heaven and Hell had a written contracted agreement. After the Rapture, and the 7 years of Trials and Tribulations, Christ had his second coming. But, something went wrong. Lucifer decided to go against God one last time and stand his ground, not allowing the souls to be taken to Heaven, thus losing the war. However, when Lucifer took his stand, God ordered the Arch Angel, Michael, to take care of the little uprising. Lucier was struck down, which gave room for his successor, Apollyon, to come forth and start the next war.

The battle raged on for a minimal amount of time before the uprising came to an end. Apollyon was forced into shackles in the bowels of hell, where he was contracted to stay for 1000 years, or until the contract was broken. During the war, one of Apollyon's Sinistrals, Erim, was performing a blood born ritual to bring Lucifer's son to life. She took the little baby and began to teach him all she could, ensuring that he would one day bring peace to the world of Hell, and terror to the Earth above. Thus, Ambrose was born and taken from the battle field before anyone could put a stop to Hell's plans. However, I'm not going to go into Ambrose's story.

As time went on, the Champions continued protecting the world as they were ordered to, but little did they know....

The contract was broken 3 years before Apollyon's release. No one really knows who broke the contract first, but Apollyon is now able to walk the Earth as he sees fit. Hell is on Earth, and is ready to wreak havoc with the souls. The first DF ends with Apollyon attempting to reclaim Ambrose's soul, but failing. Numerous deaths, on both sides, occurred....leaving the city of Kiragia in ruins. There we stand, essentially on the brink of the apocalypse (a million times worse than the first), and Heaven and Hell unafraid to make the first move.

6. Valkyrie

thank you kindly. out of curiousity should I be aware of anything from the couple angels that did partake in the first one a couple years ago since the status claims heaven is busy elsewhere and they have not walked the earth for awhile. Sorry to be a constant wrench in things I love these particular rp's that have to do with heaven and hell the most.

7. Valkyrie

Let me know what you think Dom incase I went to far. Otherwise I am done but of course will edit and change whatever you see fit.

8. Domino

Domino CGO

I'm kind of unsure about your angel question, Valk. But...from what I gather about your question, I THINK I can answer it. Right now, demons are causing major distractions around Kiragia, and the attention is focused in that area, not where this story takes place. Because said attention is not here, lesser demons and the like are making themselves at home, as it were. The angels and all other characters from DF are busy with their own battles in Kiragia, so if there are to be any cameos by DF characters (other than in bios or Faythe), they should be held back until towards the end of the rp.

Thank you, Steel, for the summary. I knew you would give a better explanation than I would.

9. Domino

Domino CGO

Valk, I like your character. The only problems I have with it are: 1) She wouldn't still be a trainee if she'd been training for two years already. Remember, Gloria had only begun her own training two years ago, and she's almost at her peak; 2) She hasn't been able to use the demon power yet, because she can't harness it yet. She doesn't have the equipment, and no one has been tested. This is actually how the rp is going to start. You get your gauntlet and test it out, to see if you can withstand the power. This is what makes or breaks a demon hunter. I can go along with her possibly being able to survive the fall because of it, but no testing or training with the power juuuuust yet.

Other than that, she rocks.

As a note to everyone, let's keep in mind that, though DF is set in a place of super humans and whatnot, these characters are NOT anything but humans with incredibly strong wills to live. No super strength or super powers. Just really pissed off people, lol.

10. Domino

Domino CGO

TRIPLE POST, FTW!!!!!

One last question, Valk. Will your panther have any kind of attack that is useful in battle? Otherwise, it will be standing guard at camp while Mercy is on the hunt.

11. Steel

Angry people huh? I should be able to do this RP with no problem.

12. Domino

Domino CGO

Let it AAAAAAALLLLL out, Steel. Rip those demons apart!....and stuff...

Also, would you guys mind reading over the rp description and character sheet and let me know if I missed anything before I state that it's in its final form? Thanks!

13. Valkyrie

I will alter my char sheet according to the info you have given me according to training as well as the idea of testing. As for the panther he will most likely be a guard so to speak but for a 200-300 pound pure mucle animal I would say I can put a bit in there regarding attacking. Will update soon as I can.

14. Steel

I forgot to mention somethingi in Van's character sheet, so I edited it and put it in there. Dom, are there any issues with my characters?

15. Domino

Domino CGO

Steel, your characters look fine to me. You've got all your bases covered with your weapon and such. Just remember that it's going to be a very difficult rp for the characters who do not use demon energy...which I'm sure you don't mind at all.

Valk, we got a problem. Your jaguar has quite a few discrepancies. First of all, if Mercy and Boots are inseparable, why would Boots even think about staying at the camp? Second, if the jaguar is pretty much patrolling the camp, it would raise too much alarm with anyone/anything surrounding the area, and would therefore compromise the camp. Third, with DF and DH, the demons don't travel alone, there's always at least two of them in the vicinity. If your jaguar took on demons alone, it would most assuredly die since big cats are not as cunning as humans. He would just straight up attack, but with the types of demons that are around, that's not enough.

To reiterate, this group of people has not been established across the globe yet. Unlike the Champions, the demon hunters are pretty much off the radar since at the current time there are only...MAYBE 3 or 4 in the world. Two of them are at this camp, helping train. The demons wouldn't be targeting this camp just yet, they're too busy dealing with Heaven's army and the Champions. If your characters have any experience killing demons, it would have to be few, and would have to be lesser demon. The trainees were pretty much "salvaged" from the wreckage of demolished cities and towns as sole survivors, and brought to the camp for training. Our first mission is getting everyone accustomed to fighting demons, and just what demon power is all about. So, please make sure your characters are created appropriately. Thanks!

16. Valkyrie

Will edit the sheet accordingly tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Valkyrie

Okay Dom hopefully this will have it all straight. I updated my sheet. So that it shows that boots does follow mercy around most of the time except when commanded to stay. Left in the claws and such just as a precurser that the cat can get into a fight if needed but nothing on patrolling or such. Left out having killed or faced off with any demons the only thing left in there for demons is that having seen an actual demon has triggered Mercy's path to believe in faith and so on. Also added a tidbit to physical description regarding her tatoos a bit more. Its a symbol of her faith and the beilief it will help make her faith stronger and to protect her spiritually its not a magical thing. If it ever comes to that then thats your call. Hell and demons don't like the word and so on but I am adding it more as the way she has adopted it and uses it. Kinda like nightcrawler on xmen. Tatooing himself in his faith to believe.

18. Domino

Domino CGO

I like the tattoo thing, it's a nice touch. I'll check over your sheet again. I was kind of hoping for everyone here to join this one, but I guess that's pretty much a lost cause.

19. Steel

Are we going to get anymore demon hunters here?

20. Domino

Domino CGO

I would still very much like some more people to join, if even just one! PLEEEEEASE! It'll be fun, I promise!