1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the Ashes: Project Legacy

Discussion in 'Role Play Central' started by Steel, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

Lyreal

She stayed in the shadows on the roof now that night was apon them all. She did not move when the stranger aproached Dom who was sleeping. She kept a very close watch, soon as he pulled a weapon though she had both Katana's in her hand and was working her way around the roof to strike. At that moment he used his hilt trying to wake Dom up further.

Then Dom awoke with a burst of power that missed both this new comer and Lyreal as well who still managed to stay hidden in the darkness. She listened to the brief exchange as she moved around the rooftop in silence. This time gettign a better vantage of this newcomer. As he moved to the edge she stepped infront of him where both he and Dom could see her. "Are you okay Dom?" It was all she said. She didn't know Dom very well at all other than she was powerful and a part of the group still down on the hill. As far as she was concerned she could respect her for strength, her feeling of lose and the fact she was a woman as well. Lyreal stayed defensive but looked to Dom for an answer. Her Silver eyes glimmered in the night with slight specs of blood mixed with the silver.

2. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

ooc: Steel, do correct me if i get things wrong.

Kain

The events that took place took a heavy toll on this makeshift group. Now only Domino, Kestra and Kain where the last survivors of the orginal group.
    As night came down Kain looked up to the stars that seemed completly different. The whole compilation of the signs where gone.
    "Sigh, seems trouble is alway finding us where ever we go."

Beside Kain a black portal appeared from wich The Pretorian appeared.
    "Master, There seems to be a problem in the realm of eidolons. Malpercio has dissapeared from his prison and all the other eidolons seem to act strangly they cannot contact their summoners anymore." It said
    "Great. even that basterd dissapears." Kain mumbled to himself

Shen

Shen sat on a broken piece of wall near the group just watching what the other where doing. He never slept as his suit would not let him sleep.
    "This place is strange. Strange people but seems friendly." he to himself
    He kept scanning the surrounding area for any strange events and kept wondering what everyone was doing.

Dante & Ayame

"There are allot of cute guys here. Wonder how they kiss." Ayame said smiling.
    "When do stop thinking about those stupid things girl. We got serious matters on our hands this time. I have no clue where we are and i dont reconize any of these guys." Dante said back to her annoyed.
    Dante pulled his sword from his back and plunged it into the ground and sat against it.

"You stil have that habbit huh dad." Ayame said.
    Dante just knodded and closed his eyes. He would notice any changes that would happen around him in this state sensing the aura's of everyone around him. And boy he senced some strong ones around the group.

3. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Trance

"I'm just leaving. I didn't mean to bother anyone. I do see a fire down there, I'm gonna go check that out. Maybe someone down there can explain to me what's going on. You know where to find me." I lept from the edge of the building and all the way down, making a massive crashing sound which was accompanied with a crater. I crawled out of the crater and made my way over to the group.

4. Domino

Domino CGO

Domino

"I'm fine," she said to the one with silver eyes. "And you'd be better off minding your own business, instead of sticking your nose in mine, Mr. Prince." She could barely hide the hurt in her eyes as she fought to keep her composure around these people. Domino pulled out her mp3 player and stuck the buds in her ears. "There's only one soul down there who could even remotely come close to helping you. And if anything happens to her, I will hunt down all of you and kill you," she said, nonchalantly as she hit the random button. Domino watched as the man leaped from the building, creating a crater. She trusted him, if only a little, as he had not killed her in her sleep, though he most certainly could have.

Domino was about to follow suit, when a song began playing that stopped her in her tracks. It was the one from the first night she'd fought Elson in the basement of that club. It seemed so far away, but as the song continued, the memory of that day slowly faded in, along with everything else that happened. She remembered everyone who had fallen throughout their last quest. She jerked the earbuds out, grabbed the mp3 player, and threw it as hard as she could at the ground before jumping off the building after it, smashing it even further in the ground with a satisfying shattering, cracking destruction. Pulling her hood back in place, she straightened up and headed back towards camp, determined to get rid of this evil once and for all, or die trying. Every now and then as she walked, a bit of electricity coursed over her body. In no time, she'd caught up with the man who'd woken her up. She kept pace with him, but said nothing.

5. Valkyrie

Lyreal

She said nothing else as she sheathed her sword. She followed a short distance after Dom. Taking the same route off the building that seemed popular. To step off the edge. It was not long before they made it back to camp. Back tot he smell of a fire being tended too my the barbarian. Fresh cooked meet and a sight of tents and huts. Also the smell of blood filled Lyreal's nose. She could feel her body tense slightly as she began to feel small urges to feed. She pushed the feeling from her mind grabbing control of herself for the time being and decided to sit in the darkness just on the outskirts of the makeshift camping center. She felt slightly more at ease this way and the smell of blood was not nearly as strong. She could feel herself relax. Though a thought did cross her mind. What would she do when the need to feed became overwhelming. She had never really had to suffer this feeling as badly before so she was unsure just how bad it might get.

6. Steel

Narration

Trance, Domino, and Lyreal ended up back at the camp in time to see Steel actually succeed in casting a spell...sort of. Everyone was laying down for the night and began to fall asleep.

"You all have a good night in your little, tiny, not...my hut huts. I'm going to wake up and have a huge breakfast with my ice box full of food and delicious juice to drink!" He disappeared into the door and the night became silent. Everyone fell asleep, but were all abruptly awakened by a loud crashing sound. Nothing seemed out of place, and thus the night went on, no sounds or anything.

The morning came and the only person who wasn't up....was Steel. They all looked over at his hut to see that the entire thing had collapsed in on him. Gregory was on the very top, his arms were up and he was hanging off of Steel's foot, which was shot straight up into the air and was the only thing visible. It twitched every now and then, and mumbles could be heard.

They dug him out to see that he was okay, and completely oblivious to what was going on....he was still sleeping.

After everyone was fed and ready to go, Kestra came up and spoke to the group. "We may have lost one of our best fighters and best friends, but he would not have wanted us to sit and feel sorry for ourselves. So, we need to keep moving. There is a place that we can go and stock up on supplies, have proper introductions, and prepare ourselves for what is to come. But first, we need to take care of a small patrol camp to the north, they set up during the night and are going to be following us. That Golbez character is the one who sent them after us. Who wishes to go and deal with them?"

7. Valkyrie

Zapht

He grabbed his axe slinging it over his shoulder and onto his back before stepping forward with a grunt. As he did so he nugged Magee to do the same as she almost stumbled forward in a fall from the overly large nudge. Zapht merely smirked.

Lyreal

She couldn't help but to agree to this challendge offered by the winged one. She was having a difficult time keeping control of herself now. She had never known a thirst and hunger for blood as she was now feeling. No wonder why he father had always kept humans around. She had new insight into her Uncle Jeremiah though and his constant battle with the hunger he faced. Her eyes were already blotted with red and the other half the silver still remained. She clenched her jaw continuously as he fangs seemed to stretch slightly waiting to dig into flesh. The tips of her fangs could be seen now just protruding past her lips. She stepped forward towards Kestra. " I will join the team to handle this group." She gave a slight bow and awaiting patiently for anyone else willing to join.

Rynn

She went pale at the thought of having to fight or to take lives. She suddenly began to feel very feint again. This time she sat abruptly before she passed out and suffered further embarassment. Oh how she just wanted to go back home to her room and duties in the palace looking after the royal family. Mainly the royal children. She wanted to cry but felt she had no more tears for it since she had spent most of the night crying praying she would wake up from this aweful nightmare.

8. Domino

Domino CGO

Magee

"Watch it, you big oaf!" she yelled as she almost fell over from Zapht's not-so-nudgey nudge. "You can count me in, anyway. I'd like to get a closer look into the inner workings of this terrif-errible mastermind." Magee then turned her attention to the still sleeping Steel. With a wicked grin, Magee slunk over to him and in a ghost-like voice said,"Steeeeel. STEEEEEL! Giiive your spell book to Mageeee, or you're dooOOoomed. DOOOOOOOMED!"

Domino

I will go, Kestra. I don't trust these people completely," she spoke silently to Kestra. She wasn't really in the mood to talk much at the moment, especially to these people. As she communicated with Kestra, Domino looked around the group. It was apparent that things were going to be more than strange, and without Elson, Domino was beginning to feel like she had before, when Gabby went missing. Then, the young girl, Rynn, looked as though she was about to faint. Domino stepped over to the girl and picked her up by the collar. "Are you going to give up before you even start? If you're feeling sick, then we'll leave you behind, and you can fend for yourself. You can accept the fact that you're here and do something about it, or you can wallow in your disgusting self-pity and stay here as food for whatever creatures exist here." Domino's eyes glowed slightly, making them a brilliant blue. But even through the beauty, Rynn could still see the anguish that was hidden inside. Domino dropped the mage, not really caring how hard she hit the ground. "Everyone who's coming needs to get their shit together in the next five minutes, or I'm leaving you behind."

Selena

With Chirp nestled on her shoulder, Selena took in everything around her. She couldn't help but giggle at Magee's little trick on Steel. Then she heard what Domino had to say to Rynn, and she thought about these words. As the dark haired woman walked away from the girl, Selena smiled and sat on the ground next to her. "Not to worry. Everything will be okay, I'm sure of it! With all the people we have here, we're sure to make it back somehow." She gave Rynn a little squeeze before looking around to make sure she had all her stuff. "Hello new person! You're going to help too, right? Perhaps you know something about this Golbez guy, too?" she asked the newcomer.

9. Steel

Steel

I had been dreaming about my parents...at least I think they were my parents. Anyway, the parents that I think were my parents were killed by Golbez a while ago, so it was only all too creepy when I heard a ghostly voice asking for my magic book.....coincidentally it was the book my father gave me. I awoke with a start, "BEGONE YOU EVIL SPAWN OF GARLAND! YOU SHAN'T HAVE MY BOOK! I SHALL SMITE YOU WITH MY +14 FISTS OF AWESOMENESS AND UBER COOL CATCH PHRASE 'WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET BRAWNY!'" I swung my magic book with all my might as I rolled over towards the voice, "DOOM THIS YOU PLASMATASTIC PHANTASM OF GHOSTLY GOODNESS!" Unfortunately, at the end of my swing, I found a solid target which made a very distinct, painful sounding groan...."Why, Magette, what are you doing down here? Did anyone see that ghost? Man, ghosts are creepy, huh? I've had a couple of random encounters with them, but I seem to walk away just fine....usually an experience point or two richer....oh yeah, EXP, the travelers best friend. So, where's everyone going?" I stood up, completely ignoring the mess of my hut not far behind me, and stepped over Magee's body. "Magette, you are not an ostrich, so I suggest you stop hiding your head in the ground, it won't help anything....unless of course, you're just trying to give your enemies a sitting target...well, sort of sitting. Trust me, I should know. You'll be digging dirt and what not out of your hair for weeks."

Trance

I looked at the mess of people that seemed to make up this rather large group and sighed. A very cheerful woman came up to me....she was clearly not all present in her mind, but she meant well. "While the name 'Golbez' does not sound familiar, I am certain that he may hold some key to my search for Vector. So, yes, I would be happy to accompany you all on this journey. My name is Trance, I am but a thief, but my blade is honorable and true....and injustice shall not escape it."

10. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

Shen

"Hunt bad people?" Shen said while turning his head.
    "Shen want to hunt bad people. Shen will help you." He said while jumping off a rock.
    He squatted and waited for everyone to get read.

Kain

"Il reside here. We need some people to look after the camp."
    Kain said while sharpening his sword with a stone.
    "Besides i still dont trust any of you beside the ones i know off." he said emotionless

Dante & Ayame

"Aren't we going to help dad?"

"Why not, im bored anyway." Dante said and stood up pulled the sword out of the ground and put it back on his back.
    "I might not know any of you people, but lets try to get a good start. The name is Dante Metronar, universal travaler, this is my daughter Ayame Metronar."

Ayame waved and smiled and said: "Hi."

11. Domino

Domino CGO

Magee

Both feet planted on either side of her, and her arms in a similar position, Magee struggled to free her head from the sand. Muffled grumbles and what could probably only be thought of as curses escaped the hole her head was in. Finally, she managed to pop her head out from the ground, spluttering and spitting sand out of her mouth, rubbing her face, and blinking away bits from her eyes. She looked at Steel, eyes a murderous white, and her face just as red behind the sand. "AERO!" she screamed, and the wind whipped around her, blasting the sand off of her, and knocking Steel back a bit. "YOU...ARE SUCH...AN..IDIOT! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" she yelled in Steel's direction, readying herself for a critical hex of some sort.

"Little mage! Thank goodness you're alright!" Selena said gleefully, as she picked Magee up, and twirled her around.

"Put me down, you loon! You're getting in my way! Did you see what he did?!" Magee squirmed, trying to free herself from Selena's grasp, but the woman was a lot stronger than she seemed.

"Now, now! Keep your temper! We have bigger fish to eat!"

Magee blinked at the woman for a moment. "Don't you mean 'fry'? We have bigger fish to FRY."

"You can fry it if you want, but I like to grill mine. Ooo, or barbeque it!"

Magee slumped in Selena's arms, giving up all hope of getting down. Besides, the more she looked at the lady's bird, the more it looked like a sinister little thing that wanted to peck Magee's eyes out.

Magee then turned her attention to this Trance guy. "A thief, huh? Never in my life have I ever met an honorable thief. So, I just can't put my trust in you just yet. I've got my eye on you, AND my pouch."

Domino

"Kain, thank you for volunteering, but I don't think it's very safe for only one of us to stay behind. We don't know what other creatures are out there. Perhaps Selena can keep you company."

"Nuh, uh! Someone's gotta keep an eye on this little mage, here. If she goes, I go."

"Suit yourself. It looks like you're going to be on your own, Kain. But we're bringing everything we need already, so perhaps you should come with us, instead. We could use you. And I don't trust you completely either, Prince, but you seem alright enough for now. Let's get going," Domino said, turning to Kestra. "Kestra, where are we going?"

"But what about the big neanderthal over there? Is he coming, too?" Magee found herself actually wanting him to come along. She banished the thought after a brief moment and said,"Not that I really care or anything..."

12. Steel

Narration

"Fish? Did someone say bigger fish? No way! We need bigger fish? THEN I SUMMON BIGGER FISH!!!" Steel threw both hands into the air in a highly melodramatic way, drawing the attention of everyone's eye. A few moments later, a huge, live fish feel from about 12 feet above Selena's and Magee's heads. The fish landed with a thud and dust filled the air. The fish soon disappeared with no trace of it at all. "Aww, I guess summon bigger fish only summons a medium sized fish here. BUT FEAR NOT! I ALWAYS HAVE SUMMON BIGGER FISH ON MY HOT-KEY MENU! I AM ABLE, WILLING, AND READY TO....Magette, you look mad. I'm just trying to assure you that my bigger fish, while it can't be fried, boiled, grilled, barbecued, hung dried, or dehydrated....it will be there to save any and all. Bigger Fish is a caring soul..." Steel walked over to where Magee's head hole was and grabbed her hat. He dusted it off and handed it to her, warning her again not to put her head in the ground. "It's very unpleasant when someone stabs you in your hind quarters. Magette, you need to be more careful." She snatched her hat from his hand, the look of pure hatred on her face...but there was something in his eyes that told her he was genuinely concerned for her well-being.

Kestra explained that the group that they were going after was made up of highly skilled swordsmen. That was all she knew about them, and then she warned that all the fights they had faced before were nothing compared to what they were about to face on this, hopefully, final journey.

Trance walked over to Magee and smiled, offering his hand in frienship, "I understand your hesitance, but I assure you that I am unlike any thief you have ever met. I am the Prince in my world, and I am forced to uphold a form of honor." When she didn't take his hand, he frowned. He looked at Domino and shook his head. "No offense, but with the way you seem to be....you won't be with us for much longer. Let's get moving." He turned and began walking in the direction Kestra had pointed.

13. Domino

Domino CGO

Domino

"And just what is that supposed to mean? You got a problem, Prince?" When Kestra shook her head at Domino, she turned to face the direction they were to be heading. "I'll scout ahead. I need some time to think, anyway." In the blink of an eye, Domino was gone.

Selena & Magee

"Wow, she's really fast, huh Magee? I didn't even see her move! I wonder if she was an illusionist in her world?" Selena finally decided it was time to put Magee down. Magee fixed her hat on her head and cocked an eyebrow at Steel.

"A CARING SOUL?! You're really off your rocker, huh? What moron could actually think that a fish has a soul?!"

"Actually, I had a nice conversation with a carp, once. It seemed to have a soul or something," Selena said starting on the journey after Domino.

Magee facepalmed. "Like I said. What MORON could possibly think that fish have souls?" She looked over at the Zapht. "You walk. Fight with us." She prodded the man with her staff to get him to move. "And all you people, too. She might be scouting, but here, I wouldn't be surprised if they shoot the messengers before they give a message."

14. Valkyrie

Zapht
    He merely grinned at all the antics of the group. He did frown quite a bit at Steel wondering how the man had managed to live for so long without someone trying to gut him. As for Magee well the more time Zapht was around her the more he was smitten with her vengful charm. She was strong and very willful. That he could definitly respect. The only thing he had to cope with was she was a magic user. So in Zapht's mind he viewed her as a shaman. It was an automatic giving of respect that way.

He did however notice Magee look his way a couple times. He was still standing with a couple others his axe tethered to his back still. He was patiently waiting for the rest so they could leave. There was no greater honor than that of war. He was already elated for it. He could feel the adreneline flowing throughout his system in anticipation.

Lyreal

Standing amidst the rest of the ragtag group she shuffled from one foot to the other in restlessness. She was slowly grinding her teeth as her patience became thinner by the moment. She was so not used to working with so large a group. Uusually it consisted of one or two people at most. She could feel the hunger burning in her blood. Anyone looking at her would see her eyes were about half red and half silver now the color of blood was growing in her eyes steadily. The smell of the others blood was strong in her nostrils and the beating of their hearts was extremely loud in her ears. She had to say something. If we are going then we need to get going before we lose the advantage of striking first. That and I can't be around all of you for much longer without becoming dangerous." It would seem this statement peeked more than a couple of peoples attention. She nodded to Kestra and headed off in the direction of Dom. She was pretty sure the others would start to follow wherever Dom was scouting.

Rynn

Rynn slowly began to gather her wits about her. She was terrified but5 the girl was right. She gathered what small amount of courage she had and stepped up to the rest of the group. she didn't say a word. She was scared if she opened her mouth or did anything short of standing with the group and walking with them she would loose her nerve. She felt like her body and mind were revolting against her. She placed her finger tips together and then pulled them apart in an arc around her shouting not to loudly "BRAVE" instantly she felt a surge of courage and a feeling of her fear washing away. She sensed it in the back of her head like a feint whisper. Her walk became more confident and purposeful. " I think I am ready when all of you are ready."

Kestra

Kestra watched showing little emotion. Her mind was following things the others could not try to fathom. Her mind was linked to Dom and she could sense the anguish coming from her. Yet Kestra knew more than she cared for as to what was coming. They were only glimpses and peeks into what could be not what was for certain. That was the problem with trying to see the future it was always a chance and things could always be changed. She watched as the rest of the group gathered their things and packed for the mission at hand. She gently lifted off the ground and glided with everyone else. This was gonna be test for all of them to see if they could handle it. It was gonna be harder than anything they have faced yet it was only the beginning to what was yet to come. She had seen glimpses of who would make it and who would not but the future was still such a fickle thing and the far future was too far out of her grasp to catch glimpses of what it held. It was time for the fated ones to make themselves known in the world and to let the evil know they hit back and will not be threatened.

15. Steel

Narration

The party eventually all followed suit, making their way towards the camp Kestra had spoken about. The day disappeared into night as they finally came upon the camp. "Excuse me, big bird, but I have a question. If this camp was about a day away, how could they expect to follow us? I mean, we could just get up and leave and they would have never known it." Steel was feeling very proud of himself, thinking that he had come up with some awesome idea and finally made a valid point.

"We could have left in the middle of the night, we could have left in the middle of the day, they would have known. They have been scouting us ever since Golbez showed up. Be sharp." One of the swordsmen came out of a tent and walked over to the fire blazing in the middle. "Domino, you take charge when you're ready."

Steel stood up and shouted, "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE!" He pulled his book and chanted a spell as he ran towards the camp. He reached the camp, stopped, dropped his book and began to wander in another direction. The swordsmen that were gathered around the fire had pulled their weapons in preparation of the attack, but were completely dumbfounded when their would-be attacker began walking away, as if they didn't exist.

"Hey! Mage boy! You don't think you can just get away with this do you? Charging our camp and then walking away." One of them said, his voice full of hatred and a lust for blood.

Steel simply continued walking. The one who spoke walked up to Steel and stood in front of him, only to be ignored, sort of. "Sorry, you don't exist." was all that was said. This went on for several minutes before the swordsman had become so furious, he finally pulled his blade again and stabbed at Steel, who dodged, pulled his sword out, and drove it through the swordsman's neck, killing him. "See? You don't exist, stupid...non-existent....alien." He pulled his blade out of the neck it was in and placed it back under his cape, then began walking back towards the camp, slowly lifting his book to his eyes.

16. Domino

Domino CGO

Domino

"Take charge? I just want to kill the bastards, Kestra. STEEL!" she yelled as she saw the idiot running at the guards. The events that took place afterward left Domino a little puzzled, and she wondered how such a moron could be so lethal. But, since the guards were now looking to the rest of their group, Domino didn't have time to worry about that.

"There are smaller tents scattered all around this area, but there is one large structure in the middle of everything, and from what I gathered, that's where we'll find the ringleader of this mess."

"What the hell is wrong with your friend?! I'll kill you all for what he did!" one of the other guards said, charging Domino with his sword. She quickly evaded his attack, dropped to the ground, and swept his feet from underneath him. The guard faceplanted, resulting in a broken, bloody nose. Domino rolled him over and asked,"Where is Golbez?" When the guard just spit at her, she planted a foot on his chest, and pressed hard, a noticeable cracking noise sounding. The guard cried out in pain,"You bitch! You think I'll tell you?"

Domino's eyes glowed as she cracked an evil smirk at the guard. "Yeah, I really do," was all she replied. She held a palm down at the guard's face. A white dragon slowly began to encircle her forearm, its eyes staring into the guard's. The guard's expression went from stubborn to terrified as the dragon inched closer to him. It raised up on Domino's hand, ready to strike.

"I-I-I d-don't know! N-nobody in the guard knows. Th-they k-k-keep it a secret," he said, sweat beginning to bead on his face. When the dragon snapped at the guard's head, he shrieked. "I SWEAR! We don't know anything! Only the one they call Vector gives orders around here, and no one really knows where he is, either!"

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, a glint of metal flashed in front of Domino. When she looked around, she saw nothing, but when she looked back at the guard, his face was frozen in fear, blood pouring from his neck. Domino backed away from the guard, scanning the area for the attacker, her dragon disappearing.

"Do not be alarmed. I will not kill you," a woman quietly said behind Domino. "That one talked too much. If you had let him live, he would have alerted the whole camp of your whereabouts."

"Who are you? How do I know you aren't one of them?"

"Apologies. I am known only as Sheeth. And I am on a mission of great importance, one that I cannot divulge at the moment. Though, I can tell you that it does not involve killing you or your friends. Though I cannot say the same for them," she said, pointing to the rest of the group of guards. It looked as though they were debating on whether or not to attack or run. "They must be eliminated if we are to get any closer to the camp." With that, she dashed over to the guards, making quick work of two of them before a third turned to run. She threw her shuriken, cutting him down before he had taken two steps. She caught the weapon as it returned to her. "For now, it seems that we all have a common directive. However, I cannot promise not to harm you if you get in my way."

Domino didn't like the attitude of this new arrival, but it sounded as though they had no choice at the moment. "Alright, we'll work together...for now." She had a bad feeling about this, but she pushed it aside for now, setting her concentration back on the fight.

17. Valkyrie

Lyreal

She wanted very badly to pay more attention to what was going on as she came up on Domino and the rest of the guards and this appearant new comer but the smell of blood was thick in her nostrils and it was more than she could take. As these outer guards were dispersing in fear from Domino and the mystery lady Lyreal took misted straight to a stray guard at which point before he even had time to scream she savagly and visciously sank her fangs deep into his neck. As she did this her hunger was slightly satisfied. She dropped the dead lifeless body at her feet giving Domino a somewhat fang filled bloody smile and then unsheathed a Katana for any other guards left but this was only an outer set and there was not much resistance to begin with. She was a bit taken aback that Steel was still walking around in a daze like none of this was going on or that he was now surrounded by dead guards. Almost like he really wasn't here.

Zapht

He came up on the scene a bit too late. What was left of the outer patrol was decimated by some strange newcomer and Domino. He could see Lyreal and realized she was some kind of demon which did not rest well with Zapht at all. He moved closer to Magee his muscles tensed. His axe was in his hand. To any experienced person he was like a hunting cat prepared to spring on its pray. He was no stranger to battle and he ould not be caught flatfooted and unprepared.

Rynn came walking up to the scene right beside Kestra. They seemed to have held a conversation as they walked over to the mini battle field. Rynn's presence was less fearfilled and slightly more relaxed. Kestra surveyed the seen and slightly acknowledged the newcomer. But unknown to everyone else she did voice her concern to Domino about the newcomer and the need to make way and eliminate the main camp. at this range it was obvious this outer guard was nothing. if anything it was a a distraction to bring the group closer to the main force who was prepared for them. With more than inept guards. The crackling of magic energies could be felt in the air, it was causing goosebumps all around and to those even more sensitive to magic it brought a sense of concern and forbodding that this much magic was present in one spot ready to be unleashed.

18. Steel

Trance

I heard the dead soldier say Vector and my blood began to boil. "Show us where he is..." I said to the new woman.

Narration

The group continued walking towards the main camp, following the one called Sheethe. They came upon the camp rather quickly only to see the entire camp waiting for them. Steel was the last one up to the group, but when he got there, everyone just heard him say "Whoops" before he turned around and began walking the other way.

A voice came from behind the crowd. "So it would seem the darkened one wasn't lying. He said that there would be a group of people coming here to kill me, then gave me this huge number of swordsmen to help defend myself. So, I can see that I won't need to fight. Kill them." He waved his hand, turned and disappeared.

19. Valkyrie

Lyreal

Soldier were amassed and waiting for the group of adventurers from all walks of life. A voice could be heard in a sinister tone and one that seemed extremely confident. Lyreal watched the line of soldier before them as they stood surveying. When the strange man presumably the leader as said by his own admission the soldier began to advance apon them. Lyreal smiled at the idea of this battle. Her eyes where still shades of silver mixed with red like blood and her fangs were very noticable still stlightly dripping from the blood of the outer guard they had decimated. She unsheathed her Katana's and waited.

Zapht

He watched as soldier began to rush forward towards them. To him this was an honor. A batte waged on a battle field. He gave an animalistic howl and roar of rage as he hefted his axe. He readied himself like a cat ready to spring. His smile on his face and the exhiliration for the impending battle was clearly written all over his face as he waited for the right moment to spring into a full run into the enemy to reap death apon them all. Yet he still managed to keep one eye on Magee and where she was in relation to all that was going on.

Rynn

She stood quietly by kestra's side not saying a word. Here eyes widened slightly at the sight of the army of soldiers but she stood firm this time. She bowed her head and began to chant lightly as her hands spread and moved in intricate patterns of spell casting. Flashes of light bubbled around all the members of the small group only to disappear. Rynn continued casting shell and protect spells until everyone in the group had added benefits of the spells.

Kestra

She watched the events unfolding before her. It was weird though as she surveyed the oncoming army before them yet she would vision the battle as it was in the process of actually taking place. Like minutes into the future. Yet she could not see the outcome or envision the man that had left the scene in his overconfidence. The one these soldiers were apearantly sent to protect. She spoke to Dom mental implying the urgency to find whoever is in the center of this and take them out. " Find the one the soldiers are defending. Find him and Kill him quickly Dom. If we cut of the head to this snake the body will die."

20. Domino

Domino CGO

Domino

"You read my mind, Kestra," she said out loud, not caring if anyone else heard. "Hold your ground, everyone." Domino disappeared, then reappeared a few feet away, jumping through the soldiers. To those who'd not seen her pre-image jump, it looked almost as if she were in several places at one time. Some of the soldiers tried to swing at her, but the image would always disappear before their weapon could connect.

She stopped right behind the man who had spoken earlier, the so-called leader. Domino was stunned for a moment by the man's white hair and dark skin. "Elson? No...Drow," she whispered to herself. One soldier took a swing at her, only to have his arm twisted and broken, relieving him of his weapon. His cry of pain got the leader's attention, and he turned around. Domino's face turned ice cold, and her words would have shaken even the strongest of men. "How dare you create such chaos. Where is Golbez, Drow?"

Magee

"Now where's SHE running off to?" Magee said, straining to keep up with Domino's speed. "She'll be lucky if she even makes it back. What kind of idiot does that...but then if she's gone, maybe I could be leader..." Magee pushed the thought from her mind as a soldier got too close to her. Another couple of soldiers began to gather around her, smirking with an evil delight. "You know, fella's, I like your enthusiasm. Too bad your expendable. HEAVEN'S DRIVE!" Her spell brought the rage of the earth upon the men as spikes shot up from the ground, injuring a few, and killing the others with a single blow. She could feel Zapht's eyes on her as the brute readied himself for the fight. "Well, caveman, you gonna use that axe or just stand there like an idiot?"

Selena

"This looks bad, Chirp. Why don't you get a bird's eye view for a bit." Selena waved at Chirp as he took to the air, circling above the battlefield. Selena dodged many attacks from the soldiers, and threw darts with deadly precision at others. Sheeth noticed her accuracy, noting that this girl was definitely more than she seemed. All of a sudden, Selena stopped and looked around. She walked in the direction she'd last seen Steel, stabbing a dagger into a soldier that was in her way, yawning as she did so. "Now where did that silly man go, I wonder?" She started looking around, even lifting up some rocks and calling his name trying to find him.

Sheeth

Sheeth said nothing during the battle. Her target was not the soldiers, though she did kill any that got in her way. The ditsy girl she considered a ticking time bomb, and very unstable. But she was worth keeping around. The mage was quite powerful, and the girl with protective spells was coming in handy, though Sheeth would soon be out of the magic user's range. The winged one would most assuredly be a problem as she could directly connect with the jumper telepathically, it would seem. Sheeth took note of the group and headed towards her target. Domino had gotten there first, and the man with white hair took little notice of Domino, even when he turned to her. There was a soldier on the ground with a broken arm, but Domino could only focus on the ring leader, it would seem. Sheeth kept flowing in and out of the soldiers around the two, looking for the best vantage point, taking down many soldiers as she went.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.