1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the Ashes: Project Legacy

Discussion in 'Role Play Central' started by Steel, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

Steel

I was walking a long when I thought I heard someone calling my name. I turned to see the crazy lady coming towards me, a blood knife in hand. She kept turning over rocks and calling for me. "Silly crazy loon, I'm not under a rock, I'm right here! Wait...if she's looking under rocks, is it possible that I really am under one? Inconceivable." I began lifting rocks and calling out for myself "STEEEEEELLLLL! STEEEEEEEEL!" It was strange hearing two people call my name, one of whom sounded identical to me. I was beginning to get a little freaked out, thus refusing to answer. At least until Selena found me, at which point I ran to her. "Oh it was horrible, thank the gods you've found me. I heard a lot of people calling my name, and I was stuck under a rock, and I couldn't find where I was, and I was lost, and.....thank you!" I kissed her on the cheek and wrapped her up in a big hug.

Vector

I looked around me and smiled. "And you are? You see, I love these heroic types. Always rushing ahead in attempts to kill the 'head of the snake' if you will. I'm interested to know what your claim to fame is, or is going to be. Are you the one who is going to kill me? And then go after the one Clad in Dark? I hate to tell you this, but if you attempt to kill me, you will fall. I may be but a young elf, but my skills greatly exceed your own. Please tell me you have a speech prepared for me. That would put this whole experience together and make it official. If I am to add the blood of another hero to these blades, at least make it worth it!"

2. Domino

Domino CGO

Domino

"Lucky for me, I don't do speeches," she said, sending out an energy shockwave that made the elf step back, and the surrounding soldiers fall over each other. Unbeknownst to Domino, Sheeth dodged several of the soldiers and held her ground as the shockwave hit her. Sheeth stealthily made her way closer to the two. Domino took this opportunity to strike at the man. "Silver Dragon!" she said, and the ghost-like dragon appeared once more, ready to strike. With great speed, Domino threw her fist at the man, the dragon leaping forward.

3. Steel

Eremes

I side stepped, easily dodging the woman's attack. She was quick, no doubt about that, but she wasn't using her full potential, and I could tell. I raised my knee as she passed by, bringing it directly into her stomach. With her momentum, it caused just as much damage as it would if I had used my speed to hit her. "Foolish girl. If you're going to attack me, then you are going to need to bring everything you have. I won't kill you just yet, this is a sport to me." I jumped into the air and brought my knee down where she was.

4. Domino

Domino CGO

Selena

"Well, geez, silly! Now's not the time to be hiding under a rock!" Selena ended Steel's hug, and placed his head between her hands. She then turned his head sharply towards the battlefield. "They need our help! We need to fight...or something...where's Chirp?" Selena started looking around for the bird, stopping every now and then to ask a soldier if they had seen her bird. When most of them just decided to attack her, she simply said,"How rude!" and stabbed each of them in the neck. Not too long after that, she saw Rynn trembling as a soldier crept closer to her and Kestra. "Hey, stupid! Leave them alone!" she yelled, and the soldier looked over at her in confusion. When he took another step closer, Selena stomped her foot in the ground and said, in a menacing voice that sounded almost as if there were two voices,"I'm tired of this." In a moment, Chirp fluttered down, hovering at Selena's chest. The bird began to glow with a bright light that grew until it surrounded Selena entirely. When the light faded, Selena was floating, fire surrounding her in the shape of a phoenix. She flew over to where more soldiers were gathering. "You all perish today," she said in the same voice. At this, she sent flames in the shape of another phoenix at all the surrounding soldiers. The ones in the immediate vicinity were turned to ashes. The bird continued to sweep through the hoards of soldiers, until it finally burned out. The last few soldiers affected were merely singed by the flames. Selena's eyes glowed white, and she cracked a smile. "Burn."

Domino

Domino tried to catch her breath, and she quickly crossed her arms where the man's knee landed. She threw him back, and charged her energy, this time feeling the same static energy she'd felt before. She held her hand out and sent five pulses of static energy straight at her attacker. Then, she pre-image jumped and came at him from behind, sweeping his legs out from under him. "Where is Golbez? And who are you?"

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Site Administrator

Zapht

Zapht came to a complete halt as he was cleaving some unfortunate soldier in two. Bright flames of fire swept around him incinerating what was left of the remaining soldiers. He was covered in blood from other soldier and sported the odd cut and scrap. His chest heaved with his breathing as he watched blackened smoky corpses hit the ground and crumble into small piles of embers. The smoke was thick in his nostrils but the smell did not bother him. It was a battle field and so far the glories belonged to their group. It was then he noticed the battle taking place at the other end of the battlefield. It appeared as though it was the girl named Dom engaged in the duel. Then his attention shifted to a handful of soldiers that still remained near the back that had not seemed to be crisped yet by the magic flames. He began a hefty sprint in their direction howling his battle roar as he went.

Lyreal

She had been weaving in and around soldiers efficiently killing them one after another. Several she had used as food to feed her blood lust. She felt strong and envigorated. She felt completely full and satisfied. She could help but have a better understanding now why her uncle had such a hard time with his hunger and keeping it under control. She never had this problem now until she woke up in this place. He reminiscing as she cleaved the last soldier she was able too before flames swept past her, was to follow her train of thought on her Uncle. She remebered just then the last image she held of him as he stood before her with his sword buried in her chest and the look of sadness on his face.

Just then she felt a burning pain in her chest. She fell to her knees from the pain. She unsipped her body suit slightly just enough to see the red enflamed scar that ran vertically straight up and down in the middle of her chest between her breast. The place her uncle had skewered her. But why this burning pain and why now. She felt like her entire chest was being ripped apart. Her very being. She could barely focus to stay kneeling and keeping a lookout. Thankfull no soldiers were close enough to her at the moment to be a threat. She couldn't let anyone see her like this. Yet there was not enough shadow for her to mist if she could even concentrate past the pain she was enduring.

Rynn

The battle was extremely frightning for her. A guard was beginning to charge to close when all of a sudden the remaining forces of the army were destroyed by a wall of flame that looked like a large pheonix. She covered her eyes from the brightness thinking the flames would envelope and burn her. After a moment of nothing and complete silence she looked past her arm to see nothing but a feild of charred burning corpses blackened from the flames falling apart in blowing embers. hen the smell of burnt flesh reached her and the smell was overwhelming. She immediatly turned around and could not contain the nausea she felt. Her body purged for several moments leaving her feeling weak. Yet she could not escape the smell of burnt death.

6. Steel

Narration

Vector looked at Domino and smiled, laughing to himself. "You really think I'm going to tell you that? Why, because you lost your loved one? I don't think so. Your time will end soon enough, and you will join your fallen friends." He dodged all of the attacks she threw at him, but never truly went on the offensive, despite a few openings.

The fight raged on and the heroes of the new world were starting to wear thin. Their energy was running on short supply, their strength was running out, and it was looking grim. Just then, a whistle rang out across the battlefield. It started out low, then became high pitched, before returning to a low tone. All of the swordsmen stopped immediately, leaving the group of heroes bloody, battered, and on their knees. They all looked around and saw the swordsmen all looking up at the hill where Vector, Domino, and Sheethe stood. The one called Vector had a smile on his face, a twisted, evil smile.

The sound of clapping rang across the battle field, followed by laughing. "Hm hm hmm, so these are the ones we were told about? How pathetic, eh Kain?" came one voice. It was a soft, calming voice....charming, even.

"Aww, Cecil, don't be so harsh. These fools can't help how weak they are. I say we kill them and hang their drained bodies in the sun..." came another voice. This one was rough and full of hate. It sent chills down everyone's spines, including Vector's.

"I don't think that would be quite appropriate. Let us just do what were sent here to do and then be on our way. Slaves, return to Golbez, we will take it from here. Vector, you do the same."

Vector huffed and frowned, "I am not your errand boy, you do not order me around as if you own me. I am here to kill them, that is what I was told to do by Master. I will follow through with my mission and will kill you two twins if you get my way."

A near by tree branch shook and a dark armored man walked on the branch. His armor matched that of a dragon's appearance. The other came out from around the tree, he was dressed in a brilliant white, gold, and blue armor. Both looked to be extremely powerful and not to be trifled with. "Don't force us to get Jer out here. You know how much he would love to put your lazy ass to rest. But, to our guests, allow us to introduce ourselves. I am the Dragoon Knight Kain, the bringer of terrible things."

"And I am his twin, the Paladin, Cecil, the bearer of great things. Together we make up the Twin Blades of my brother's court. We are here to serve Master's needs in his dream. And that, unfortunate for you, is the death of all of you. However, we aren't to kill off you all at once, that would upset the balance of things. So, today...the ones who die are the lycan, Lyreal; Magee, the dark mage; and Steel, the moron." Cecil lifted his blade with a smile on his face, it was a brilliant sword, ornate with gold and gems. His blade's edge glinted in the sunlight, showing how sharp it was. Kain lowered his head, allowing only his mouth to be shown to anyone looking at him. He smiled, showing his teeth. They were almost like vampire teeth, catching Lyreal's attention immediately. He pulled a large spear out of nowhere. The weapon was dark purple and black, including the blade, and it sent out a dark aura. "You die now...."

7. Valkyrie

Lyreal

She wiped her katana's clean on some dead corpse before sheathing them. At this point she be caugth sight of the one who called himself Kain and the fangs that belonged to him. Her eyes were already flecked with blood from her rage and had begun to return to their silver color. She barred her own fangs, blood still covered her chin from her merciless killing and feeding. Something that disturbed her slightly was how did this person know about her having lycan blood. She hadn't been able to change or anything since she got to this world but how did this person know. She kept her eyes on Kain never leaving his own. They were locked in a stare. When she was but 20 yards from him she came to a stop. Waiting and watching.

Rynn

She watched as a new twist in things became quite appearant. She did not like this new twist of things. Almost as if sensing her thought's Kestra rested a hand on Rynn's shoulder. Immediatly Rynn felt a bit more calm and somewhat more secure. Then in the next instant she was slightly startled again as she could feel a presence pushing lightly in her head almost as if seeking to get in but without hostile agression. Rynn had learnt about mind control when in mage school and how the intruder usually is very hostile so that they can dominate the other before they have time to fight back. But then she heard Kestra say it was okay she wanted only to link their minds so she could aid Rynn when needed. At that moment Rynn Could feel a connection to a vast void of knowledge and information. It was overwhelming. It was like the whole universe had opened up to Rynn for a split second before it closed to her leaving open only a very small tunnel of thought through which Kestra was sharing emotion of satisfaction with her for the successful link. Rynn felt light headed but at the same time she wasn't scared she found something a bit more powerful than her fear. She found a hunger for knowledge again. She stood strong and steady with kestra on the field watching and waiting for the others as well as what would ensue with the newcomers bragging even greater strength and numbers.

8. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

Kain

"Twins of light and darkness. I see live if being ironic again." Kain said after he let Gaia kill the enemy's that attacked him.
    "That dark one has a huge aura. I can feel the hate he has within him. It would be wise not to attack alone."
    And with that he de summoned Gaia and called forth Pretorian.
    "It seems we got allot on our hands my friend." Kain said to Pretorian.

Shen

"New signatures detected. Calculating risk." A voice in Shen's head said. His suit was making calculations on how to act in the battlefield. Shen acted like it was his born instinct able to shoot down his enemy's with grand speed and precision.
    "Signatures analyzed, threat level, Extreme." the voice said.

"Shen is not scared. Shen will fight. Protect new friends."

Dante & Saiya

"Miauww." the cat said on Saiya's shoulder.
    "Ah, is missus hungry? Don't worry momma will beat this bad guys and we can go find you some milk."
    Saiya was petting her cat on the should while kicking a enemy soldier in the stomach making him fly away.

"Really now, i feel like im being ignored here. First no one even charges towards me and now we got two twins with an attitude. This just aint my day it seems"

Dante unsheathed his sword from his back and his aura grew in size.
    "Bring it." he said while pointing towards the two new enemy's

9. Domino

Domino CGO

Domino

After seeing the two new enemies appear, Domino cursed under her breath. "Shit...Don't think for a second that I'm finished with you," she spat at Vector. Knowing her comrades were in danger took precedence over her need for revenge. Quick as a flash, she was standing beside Kestra and the girl, Rynn.

"Kain, be careful. We don't know much about the enemies here. None of us need to take their words lightly." The last words she meant for the two with white hair.

Magee

"ME?! You really think I'll just roll over and let you kill ME?! Oh brother, give me a break!" Magee rested her rod on one shoulder and pulled her hat down over one eye. "Get real. You'd be surprised what a small package may hold. What's that? Oh, I think I hear your master calling his dogs home." She grinned evilly from under her hat. All of the moronic actions as of late had made her itch for a bit of explosive violence.

Selena

She sent one last phoenix at the twins that appeared. As she did this, she drifted towards the ground, landing lightly on her feet, her eyes turning their normal color. In a moment, a bright light shone from her chest, and Chirp appeared once more, tweeting happily. When Selena heard Steel's name, she cocked her head to the side. "Huh..." she mused before her face lit up with excitement. "STEEL! You've been chosen! I think you won!!! Good for you. I'm so happy for you!" Selena smiled and gave Steel a big hug before returning her gaze to the battlefield. "That's funny...weren't there more soldier guys earlier? Did...did the ground EAT THEM ALL?! WHAT IF IT EATS US TOO!" Selena ducked behind Steel in attempts to hide from the impending doom of the earth's wrath.

10. Steel

Kain

I sat in complete disbelief of what was unfolding. Such insolence from these people, "Don't you all understand? We're here to kill you, and we aren't going to lose. You have proven yourselves to be weak and worthless. Especially the White Mage, the crazy bird lady, and the rejected lover, none of which could have ever saved the one's they loved." With this, I looked to Rynn and smiled as I held up a pendant that she had given to one of the children of the kingdom. Then to Selena, I raised a blade that held the insignia of the gypsies she had known so long ago. Then to Domino, who I simply smiled at, she knew what it meant.

Steel

I had been rather......ignoring-able....-ing the people that claimed that they were a part of that secret organization that sent that super assassin after me not too long before the bread teleported me back in time to the future where I met the same people who are now different in the sense that they aren't the same people at all. Suddenly, two people showed up that I had never seen before....I mean, if you don't take into account that I used to see them all the time when I was in that Ivalice world. They were always showing up around me in that world.....really glad I woke up from that dream. This dream is certainly a bit more scary and really strange, and by strange I mean the people who were in the dream before I got here have weird clothes and they smell kind of funny.

I stepped up to say something but was immediately attacked by the Chirpy one. She began screaming at me, but then told me that I had won something, so I became very excited.....until I found out that my prize was being swallowed up by the Earth hole that had opened up underneath all of the soldiers that left when the two Ivalice ones showed up. Before I knew it, the Earth was opening up and it made Selena hide behind me. "WHAT?! OH NO, THE EARTH THING HAS OPENED UP AND IS TRYING TO REWARD ME A PRIZE OF DARKLY DEATH OF DOOM GRAVE BURY......um....AGE!!!" I jumped up and grabbed onto Selena's neck, wrapping my arms around her. She brought her arms up and caught my legs and back. I hid my face in her cheek. "Don't let the Earth take me to that....depth...of doom....and death...and stuff. I will love you forever!!" I began to squeal quietly, which was odd for me because I didn't understand how the imaginary lady of the bird type could catch me....nor did I understand how bread was made. I was rather perplexed. And it seemed that Gregory was as well. He ran up and around Selena's shoulder, face-pawing and shaking his itty bitty furry pawed face....in his paw.....and stuff.

I watched the dark dragon fellow make claims of death and dismemberment and disgusting, dispicable, devious deeds.....did I get enough D's in there? Anyway, I felt Selena tremble a little bit, and I was sudenly overcome with an intense feeling of anger. I jumped from Selena's arms and landed on my feet. The ground around me began to warp and distort in a heat wave type of effect. "You dare come to us, threaten us, kill the ones that mean a significant amount to the ones who are to save the world. And what, do you expect to leave here in one piece? You need to learn when enough is too much. Every second is a pure affliction, and I will make you feel their pain. I can no longer choke back that burn of wrath, and I shall dismantle the ground you stand on, giving power a name. You will forever remember the name of power as Malcarious!" The air around me began to swirl until I burst forth in a blaze of fire....my clothes had changed color to a deeper red, my hair was now black instead of white, and I carried a sword and a pistol, one in each hand.

Gregory scurried down Selena's blouse, terrifyingly trying to get away from me.

11. Domino

Domino CGO

Domino

"You bastard," Domino said. Her eyes glowed blue once more and her aura blazed around her. "Your stupid mind games won't work on me. Elson may be gone...but I've gone through that before. Your telling me its my fault that he died REALLY pisses me off, but it's bullshit, and I know that. And if you're going to destroy us, I suggest you shut the hell up, and get a move on, and quit wasting everyone's time." Domino threw a fist into the ground, creating a quake that split the earth all the way to where Kain and Cecil were standing.

Magee

"She's right! You can't talk to us like that! Choke on these words: THUNDER STORM!" Magee pointed her rod towards the sky above the two men where what seemed like a huge ball of pure lightening formed. Less than a second later, lightening bolts struck time after time around Kain and Cecil. "Let's see if you fry," she said, grinning.

Selena

Selena placed a hand on her mouth after Steel jumped from her arms and she noticed the dagger in Kain's hand. "Oh no...Mirela. How could you...HOW COULD YOU!!" She tried to run at them, but Steel was in her way, and the heat coming off of him wouldn't let her get close. She looked at everyone else there, Zapht, Kestra, Kain, Dante, Shen, Saiya, Lyreal...everybody, and said,"DON'T JUST STAND THERE! THEY'RE GOING TO TRY AND KILL US!"

Sheeth

Directive unattainable. Pulling back. Damn those twins... Sheeth thought to herself. As she slipped out of sight, she turned to see that one of the group members was right behind her. She attempted to attack him, but he was too fast for her. And from the way he moved, he was no stranger to her style. "Impressive that you were able to keep your presence hidden from me. As you can see, Vector is no longer here." She stared at the man, watching his every move. "Your friends are going to die at the hands of the twins." She said this with no emotion in her voice, as if it were fact and not a concern of hers.

12. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

Dante & Saiya

"Well time to dance." Dante said and shot several shots into his enemy's direction soon followed by Saiya's own shots in rapid succesion.
    Dante's aura grew even bigger while charging up a power shot in his hands.

"I hate it when people think their bigshots."

Kain

"It would be wise to let the ones used to darkness handle that Kain character." He said and signaled his summon towards him.

"Two become one, their souls different but aswell the same. Let their power combine and destroy their enemy. Summoners Merge!
    Behold Arbiter! Bringer of death, taker of souls."

Shen

"System directive updated. Target locked. Engaging with primary weapons." Shens helmet said as he aimed at Kain at the same time the others targeted him and fired a rain of bullets towards him.

13. Steel

Kain

I laughed as the group fired projectile weapons at me. I lifted my hand and the bullets simply bounced off of a blue shield. "Ah, the power of protect. You are all worthless. However, the moron does seem to be giving off quite the unimaginable amount of power. Cecil, what do you suggest? How do we kill him?" I didn't let my shield down until the rain of bullets stopped, just making me chuckle a little bit more at the useless, feeble attempts on my life.

Cecil

I frowned softly while looking at the group before us. "Kain....this isn't right. One of us is certainly powerful enough to handle the whole crowd, so why don't you go ahead and just deal with th-" I was cut off as the summoner in their group had his summon charge us. I dodged out of the way and drew my sword. Before anyone could react, I was in his face, my sword driven through his midsection. I continued to slice and stab at him, making him nearly unrecognizable. I was smeared in his blood as I put my sword back in its place on my side. I walked back to where Kain was and waved them all off, "You can deal with them, brother, however you see fit."

14. Valkyrie

Zapht

He marched slowly into battle keeping his eyes ever carefully on the two twins. His axe was in his hands and he handled it as if it weighed nothing. His muscles flexed like a cat ready to pounce. Then he stopped and reached down for a large rock. Lowering his axe only momentarily long enough to through a large stone.

Lyreal

She stayed back a bit studying her opponents. Too many of they were crowded around for a clean shot and for an even assult without hurting themselves as much as this new enemy so she watched the one who seemed to be called Kain quite carefully not missing the fangs coming from his sarcastic smile.

Rynn

Taking in the new found confidence that Kestra had filled her with and the awe of her magic and expansive mind Rynn focused all her energy and cast dispel at Kain just as the giant Barbarian Zapht had thrown a rock. The protect spell flashed around Kain with a loud hiss then disappeared in a shattering sound almost like thousands of glass shards falling before it was gone completely. It was just in time to see an earthen rock sail through the air where the sheild had been and clip Kain on the shoulder half turning him and definitly bringing his attention to the fact someone had removed his protect spell.

15. Domino

Domino CGO

Domino

"KAIN! Dammit!" Domino frantically tried searching for a weak spot, but in her fury, she was almost blind to the battle. Her aura quickly grew again, and this time she called on the dragons once more. She focused all of her energy into this last attack, knowing that it would drain her, and praying that it would help.

16. Steel

OOC: Locked until I can figure out exactly what I want to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.