1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holland

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Steel, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel

Steel RRS CEO Staff Member

So, my computer instructor is currently telling us about his home town of Leeuwarden (Ljouwert). I was curious where our friends in Holland lived.

One last thing, one of my new favorite words is Waag. It was a weighing scale in his home town. And....spelling is gonna be off....Kanselrij. The courthouse, or something like that.

2. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

hahah well lemme tell you

That town is in a different country, atleast all of holland thinks that way about Friesland. When i was there to meet a mate i could barely understand the dialect used there. that is not dutch thats just well i dunno wierdness.
    Though it makes me laugh allot.

3. Steel

I'm definitely gonna have to tell him that. What part of the Netherlands are you in? What village?

4. Dante Chaos

Rest of netherlands :D

South-Holland area The haque.

5. Steel

Feel free to type something here in Dutch, Dante. Maybe I'll e-mail it to Mr. Mulder.

6. Steel

I showed Mr. Mulder what you said and he said "They think we speak a different dialect, but that's the problem. We don't speak the same language as they do. They speak Dutch, we speak Friesian. That's why then never understand what we say." It seems that there is a lot of hostility between the two states, so let's just leave it at that lol.

7. Dante Chaos

Well thats completly true!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.