1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil 3: Nemisis (PS1/ PS1 classics on PSN)

Discussion in 'Member reviews' started by ggyppt, Jul 16, 2011.

1. ggyppt

ggyppt New Member

Story: Now, this takes place at the same time as RE2 while following a character from RE1. The story is pretty shallow, but works well in continuity of the first two games and is relatively good for its time. The story is a different view of the events of RE2, so many of the revelations were obvious to me, not necessarily because it was in RE2, but I saw them coming from working off of the information that I got from RE2. 6/10

Battle System: the battle system is okay, but it takes some getting used to after using the shooter systems from the current time period. There is nothing inherently bad about it; it’s just very different form the current norm. The battle system also makes the game difficult, which I like, not because it is hard to control, but since it takes a lot of skill to pull off. 9/10

Graphics: The graphics fit with the rest of the game. While it looks bad now a days, you can still tell what’s going on, unlike other games from the time period. On top of that, I wouldn’t say that the graphics are bad, they are just a little crude, but it works with the astatic of the game. 7/10

Voice Acting/Acting: There is very little in the game, but it is done well. 8/10

Character Development: There is none, but as this all takes place over a couple of hours and the main character has been through this situation before, you don’t expect much. 6/10

Concept Art: I don’t know of any. NA

Soundtrack: The soundtrack helps the vibe of the game, making it so that I can’t play that game for more than a half an hour with the sound on. 10/10

World Development: As this is the third game in the first and probably most classic survival horror genera, it doesn’t revolutionize what it did well, but what it did well, was revolutionary when it first came out. While that might not be the case now, or even when the game first came out, it is still fun to play. 9/10

Overall Gameplay: the gameplay is hard, which is something that I think is missing from the majority of games now a days. Now, other than that, I can’t say much about the gameplay except, don’t expect tutorials, and expect it to take a little getting used to. 9/10

Replay Value: with two different gameplay and many different paths, along with the rating system, there is some replay value. 8/10

72/90

2. Dante Chaos

Dante Chaos RRS CTO Staff Member

Ah yes i stil have this game. stil play it aswell.
    Finished it first time with ending A.
    I love the possibility's of different pathways you can take and the game adjusts to it.
    Its one of my fav RE games
    The background graphics are sweet only the mobable ones but yeah duing that age it was cool.

3. ggyppt

ggyppt New Member

Haven't gotten to finish it yet, I'm a little stuck (stupid Nemisis). I've watched a full walkthrough of the game, but i can't get past Nemisis to do what i need to do.

4. Dante Chaos

If ita the last one you need to charge the railgun by pushing the battery. There are three of them

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

5. ggyppt

ggyppt New Member

No, it's on the restaurant. I know how to do it, still don't have the skill to pull it off

6. Dante Chaos

ah damn that one. ah thats easy. just select the hide in kitchen one then just escape.

Get to a open spot (the area before the newspaper office) and use the magnum on him. It might take a few healing items but once he is down (2nd time) he wont go after you until the next event.

7. ggyppt

ggyppt New Member

I don't have healing items, that's the problem

8. Dante Chaos

ah nothing in the box aswell. hmm you should backtrack then a bit search for any forgotten herbs. i met allot on the way even in hard mode.

9. ggyppt

ggyppt New Member

i may just need to start over with it literally just outside the door of the safe room.